Universal Design

Because I developed typically, I never really thought about how easy it is for me to access most things in this world.  It wasn't really until college when I had to pick a building on campus and write a paper on whether it was accessible or not did I really think about how people with disabilities may have trouble accessing the environment that I took for granted. Universal design is such a wonderful concept that I haven't really thought about before. Creating environments so that they are accessible to all people should be a uniform construction ideal. It's awesome that universal design doesn't typically cost much more than a typical design. I hope that Universal design is the direction our country is headed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guillain-Barre Syndrome Case Study (Rowdy Gaines)