Fletcher Cleaves

On April 26th, Fletcher Cleaves was a guest speaker in our Neurological Aspects of OT class. We watched his video about the accident and it sent chills up my back. It was a very effective way to advocate for safe driving. Fletcher has such a lively and happy energy about him when he speaks. It's nice to see how positive he is about his situation. He isn't able to change his circumstance so he makes the best out of his situation.

It was eye opening to hear about how Memphis has a very limited number of accessible apartments for people in wheelchairs. Because I am a typically functioning human, I don't really think about accessibility of buildings and housing. Fletcher gave me hope that if I ever had a SCI, that I could still live a happy and fulfilling life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guillain-Barre Syndrome Case Study (Rowdy Gaines)